Your Experts Guide on First Home Buyers
Planning to Buy your First Home?
Get the Best First Home Buyers Help Right Here!
What Steps do we have to take to get into our First Home ?
What is the ‘FHOG’?
It is a State Government initiative that, if you are eligible as a first home buyer, is available when purchasing your first home in Queensland, known as The Queensland First Home Owners’ Grant.
The FHOG is designed to make it easier for first home buyers to enter the property market. As eligible buyers, you can have access to a grant of $15,000 towards the purchase of your first home.
How much is the First Home Owners Grant?
The current amount, as of 1st July, 2018, is $15,000. However, if you have a contract that is signed between 1st July, 2016 and the 30th June, 2018, there is a grant of $20,000 that you may be eligible to apply for.
Am I eligible for the First Home Owner Grant?
The Qld Government has a criteria or list of eligibility:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must be an Australian Citizen or permanent resident (or applying with someone who is).
- You must not have previously owned property in Australia that you lived in.
- You must be buying or building a brand-new home.
- The value of the home including the land is less than $750,000.
- You must move into the new home as your principal place of residence within 1 year of the completed transaction and live there continuously for 6 months.
The Qld Government has also provided a free eligibility test. This will quickly help you determine whether you are eligible for the FHOG.
Get that FHOG Boost that you need?
What can the First Home Owners Grant be used for?
If you are eligible for either the $15,000 or $20,000 FHOG, you can put this towards buying or building a new home, unit or townhouse with the value being less than $750,000. You can also use the grant as part of your deposit.
Want to Apply for The Queensland First Home Owners’ Grant?
Here is the link to the Application Form. You would use this form when you are eligible for the FHOG to buy or build your new home after 1st July 2016.
Are you Looking for the Queensland First Home Owners’ Guide Website?
Here is some information and guidance to help you with what you need to apply for the first home owners’ grant.
Find the best First Home Buyers Grant Information Here
The topics and resources you will find here are:
- Applying for a first home owner grant
- Check your eligibility
- Understand your obligations
- How and when to apply
- Eligibility tester for the first home owner grant
- Answer the questions to find out if you are eligible for the Queensland Fist Home Owners’ Grant
- Supporting Documents
- Find out what documents you need to provide when you apply for the Queensland First Home Owners’ Grant
- Renovated Houses and the First Home Owner Grant
- Understand what constitutes a substantially renovated house and whether it would qualify for a first home owner grant
- Find explanations of key first home owner grant terms
- Approved Agents
- Find a bank or financial institution to process your application for the Queensland First Home Owners’ Grant